PLACES I REMEMBER
It’s been months since I last visited the city. I don’t have the best experience in this place, partly because I’ve lived here for two months for college and if you’ve been following me along in this blog, you’ll know the experiences I have had during those times. It wasn’t pleasant and I wasn’t in my best headspace so whenever I visit, I remember nothing but those memories.
Sure, it wasn’t great but I have other memories that aren’t so bad in here. This city is only an hour away from where my family lives so we come here often to rewind and relax. It’s a cute little city that holds its history dearly.
From the photos, you can see how the architecture of the buildings and the streets are mostly inspired by Spanish architecture. That is not the entire truth as this place is old enough write our history of Spanish colonization in their streets and buildings. About 20% of the buildings are preserved from those years. The other 80% are rebuilt and reconstructed as the years flew by, sticking to the same aesthetics as the ancient ones.
Here are some of the photos I took
T.L. Thornes is a writer residing in Ilocos Sur, Philippines. She was twelve when she started keeping drafts of her poems in composition notebooks. Since then, she has found an emotional outlet through writing. When she’s not writing, she can be found in the streets of her hometown, urbansketching, or in her room, writing songs and making art journals.
WEEKEND AT THE FURRY MOUNTAINS Hey, everyone! I just had the most amazing weekend with the most amazing people at the most amazing place I've ever been to. If you've been following my blog for a while now, you'll know that I mentioned this place on one of my previous...
STARTING NEW YEAR FRESHHappy 2019! As I cross my fingers and hope for this year to be another lovely one, I decided to make an adventures update blog post. As I've said, last year was a bumpy ride and I was certainly enjoying and rocking the bumps I've passed by. So...